- 1 3lb whole skinless chicken cut into pieces
- 3 chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons Leena Spices chicken curry Masala powder (or your favorite)
- 1/2 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/2 lemon (juiced)
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- water to cover
- 1. Use the olive oil to fry the onions until brown. Mix in the bay leaf and the cinnamon. Stir. Add the paprika, sugar, ginger, curry powder, garlic, and salt. Stir for 2 more minutes. The mixture will thicken into a paste.
- 2. Add the tomato paste and chicken. Let simmer for about 20 minutes, or until chicken is done.
- 3. Add the cayenne pepper and lemon juice. Simmer for 5 more minutes.
- 4. Serve
This Leena Spices Chicken Curry Masala Powder makes the BEST low carb chicken curry I have ever made. Since the carbs count is low, I can eat it and not have to scrimp on carbs for my other daily meals! Fantastic.
It’s important to get a wide variety of foods on a daily basis so you don’t burn yourself out. Try low carb meals from all cultures and walks of life. The spices in this chicken curry recipe have the added benefit of giving your metabolism a small boost as well.